See other questions in the Family & Relationships forum

"Money from Sister Inlaw"

• swax
    Posted: Dec 21, 2010 05:46 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    swax
    Susquehanna, PA
    View Profile

My wife's sister is on again off again in our lives. The last falling out my wife had with her was three years ago. It was around a two year break before that. But some three years ago when we had her for Christmas it was awkward. She spent a lot of money and gave each of our married two daughters $200.00. After not being involved in someones life for so long she is hard to figure out. She is a single woman age fifty with no children or other family and lost her husband to cancer seven years ago.

I answered the phone yesterday and it was my sister in law. I said how are you its been a long time. She spoke with my wife for a hour and than called back several more times during the day. Her last call was to inform us a check for $1,000.00 was put in the mail with a Christmas card for us. She works a full time job and lives very modestly. We only have married children and our not poor at all. We did not cash the check and I am at a loss for an explanation why she wants to give us money.

Replies

No replies have been written yet.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Caring Solutions

Boomeraters recommend these products to improve the health and happiness of parents and elderly relatives.

See other top Caring Solutions products