Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Financial & Legal forum

"getting money back on loan made to friend"

  • ardis sears
    Posted: Nov 19, 2013 10:44 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    ardis sears
    Ozark, MO
    View Profile

    i loaned a friend some money to purchase a motorcycle so he would get a job and move on with his life. he lived with me about 4 years and would not work. he did help around the house,etc. i wrote up a legal document for the loan. we both signed it. i had to kick him out because he was causing too much trouble. now he refuses to pay even after 5 demand letters and a chance to modify the loan agreement. the loan agreement was written by state law and states if not paid motorcycle would be taken back by me. he refused this also. should i get a lawyer or handle it in small claims court myself. i have all of the paper trail i need and then some. he says i should just eat it because i have money and he doesnt. he is also behind on two child support cases and has been served a warrant for probation violation of not paying child support.


No replies have been written yet.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Looking for a financial advisor?

Search our extensive database of over 3,500 advisors from both independent and large firms.

Enter your zipcode below

Or use this link to find a financial advisor or find a lawyer