See other questions in the Housing & Community forum

"Best SoCal city to relocate"

• rbjets69
    Posted: Sep 26, 2013 05:07 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    rbjets69
    Madison, WI
    View Profile

My wife, three pups and I are going to retire and are looking to move to the Southern California area.. Any suggestions ?

Replies

A-1HomeCare
    Posted: Jan 27, 2014 10:00 PM
    A-1HomeCare
    Santa Fe Springs, CA
    View Profile

All of Southerner California is great, but I would recommend somewhere in the Orange County for someone who is looking to retire and relax because it is away from the spotlight of Los Angeles but with the same great weather. Also, the communities are wonderful!

tracey
    Posted: Jan 29, 2014 03:34 PM
    tracey
    Fullerton, CA
    View Profile

Hi,

We have lived in Fullerton, Ca for 14 years. my 80plus parents live in Tustin. Siblings live in Laguna Beach and Laguna Niguel. Southern Cal. is huge and there is definite differences from a lot of the cities. There is a lot of traffic, everywhere. Weather is good most of the time. I miss rain and seasons. Fullerton is a college town and large but there are areas where you can get an acre or so. People in the west end (coyote hills) have horses. Pretty big Asian influence which brings in some pretty good ethnic places to shop and eat. East Fullerton has smaller older homes. Nearer to downtown area. If you are over 30 with kids you don't really visit the downtown area at night. Lots of bars, expensive food and tattoo parlors. But generally safe. There are plenty of trails to walk dogs. Dog parks. School fields to walk dogs. Neighborhood dog get togethers. There are also coyotes at night but it's not like the wild west. We may be moving to Dublin for employment. Not sure about the schools though. I think I will miss Fullerton if we do. Tustin has older, bigger homes but again it is all over the board there too. Laguna Niguel? golf is big everywhere. Cost of living is not cheap but we get fresh fruit year-round.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for the perfect place to relocate?

Read reviews of towns written by other Boomeraters to help make your decision.

Find your perfect town, search for senior living or home care