Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Financial & Legal forum

"best place to relocate"

  • geebud
    Posted: Jan 30, 2012 03:20 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Springfield, MO
    View Profile

    I am behind on house payment, going to go through a divorse when my wife can only get my home at time of death, need to move closer to springfield, live in bolivar, got hit with more child support for 4 more years which has caused me to fall behind on home payments, insurance doubled which caused me to fall behind on payments, owe taxes due to not making payments and morgage holder is threatening forecloser. I owe 128,000 and make, 40,000 a year, make a 625 dollar vehicle payment. What should i do?


  • #1
    Posted: May 10, 2012 07:06 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Merrimack, NH
    View Profile


    I am sorry to hear that life has been so difficult for you. Since you wrote this in January, you might have already addressed these issues or perhaps they may have gotten worse.

    Your first step, aside from speaking with your debtors and asking for flexibility would be to contact a credit counseling agency. One agency that come highly recommended can be found here:

    At a minimum, I was formulate a budget, control your spending and do what your heart is leading you to do.

    All my best.

    Jeff Boutin~

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Looking for a financial advisor?

Search our extensive database of over 3,500 advisors from both independent and large firms.

Enter your zipcode below

Or use this link to find a financial advisor or find a lawyer