Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Family & Relationships forum

"Assisted Living Care by Grandson?"

  • Kievit
    Posted: Jan 26, 2011 02:38 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Palm Coast, FL
    View Profile

    My son moved in with my parents about 5 years ago. My father has alzheimers and my mother can barely walk and is losing her hearing plus has memory issues. My son is 24 and tries to do the best he can with them but he also needs to work outside the home to support himself. Is there a program where my son can stay at home with them and possibly be paid for giving them assisted living care? The time has come where it is too dangerous for them to be at home alone and they will not even consider moving out of there home.


No replies have been written yet.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Caring Solutions

Boomeraters recommend these products to improve the health and happiness of parents and elderly relatives.

See other top Caring Solutions products