Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Housing & Community forum

"can,t buy a home in Fl if your not divorced,?"

  • ninag46
    Posted: Jan 26, 2011 03:57 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Lake Butler, FL
    View Profile

    I,m trying to but a home in Fla through usda and they tell me if I'm not divorced I need my husband to sign why?I haven,t seen him in 16 yearsdoes anyone know a loop hole around this,I was told that there was a form that I could fill out that would make him excempt from my life ,but know one knows about this form.If you know where I can get one please let me know I'm 64 years old I need a home now.Thanks Ninag46


  • #1
    Posted: Mar 06, 2011 03:23 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Big Spring, TX
    View Profile

    A form called a Quit Claim Deed which if signed by either husband or wife will take their name off the property and leave the remaining spouse as sole owner. I don't know about USDA procedures but it couldn't hurt to look into this form which might be helpful. Good Luck!

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Looking for the perfect place to relocate?

Read reviews of towns written by other Boomeraters to help make your decision.

Find your perfect town, search for senior living or home care