See other questions in the Financial & Legal forum

"SS and the GPO/Broken promises"

• dorf44
    Posted: Nov 29, 2010 09:11 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    dorf44
    Venice, FL
    View Profile

I am the surviving spouse of an officer KIA in Vietnam. Prior to going overseas, the JAG office explained the benefits I and my then unborn child would receive if my husband were to be killed. SS was promised until I went to work and then would resume when I retired. In 1977 the GPO went into effect and, as a teacher in MA , I was put into the "sorry no SS" spot. On July 22, 2009 bennett11 posted a wonderful reply concerning SS. One of the exemptions he listed was " exceptions to the GPO such as people who were receiving SS before December l977." I received it in 1967-69. I am presently waiting for my appt with a SS ALJ based on a case in MA that used that exemption. I do have evidence of that case, but wonder if someone out there can verify that fact in writing (I have a copy of a government pamphlet stating that), but I have been put off for two years, appeal after appeal. I know if I can get one more piece of evidence that SS promised this, I will have a good shot at winning this case.

Replies

No replies have been written yet.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for a financial advisor?

Search our extensive database of over 3,500 advisors from both independent and large firms.

Enter your zipcode below

Or use this link to find a financial advisor or find a lawyer