Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Health & Fitness forum

"Finding a short term rehab place"

  • Oberon
    Posted: Nov 24, 2010 09:01 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Mesa, AZ
    View Profile

    Hello all,

    I am having a spinal fusion done in early 2011. My doc says after the 5-7 day hospital stay they send you home, but you need to have someone with you 24/7 (not just during the day) for at least a week, possibly 2 weeks, until you can pretty much manage with just some day help. .

    No one in my family can do that for me, and friends can only check on me during the day. So my doc said I would have to go to a "care facility" for that period of time. I'm OK with that , but I don't know how to find one becuase I don't know what they are called.

    On my GOOGLE searches I keep getting retirement communities and nursing homes.

    So what is the "official description" of the type of place I want? Is it a short term care facility? A re-hab facility? I need a place that will help me to dress and bathe and take care of the surgical wound for , like I said, maybe a week or two.

    And if anyone does know the what those types of places are called, does anyone have any recommendations for the Mesa AZ area?

    Thanks in advance


No replies have been written yet.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Fit for Life

Boomeraters recommend these products to help you stay healthy, fit and safe.

See other top Fit For Life products