Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Family & Relationships forum

"unspoken issues"

    Posted: Jul 23, 2010 06:51 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Manvel, TX
    View Profile

    What is the best way to identify and resolve disputes or issues with someone who does not communicate? I am living with adult child and her family that includes 2 grandchildren, 5 & 4, girl and boy. Unspoken clashes are happening between myself and son in law, relayed through daughter. I am not living with them because of any health or mental illnesses. Latest issue/statement was, "I don't want Grema to discipline the kids." Discussion pending between married couple. Please comment for or against, I'm open.


  • #1
    Posted: Jul 29, 2010 07:58 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Medford, OR
    View Profile

    I think if Grandma is babysitting kids, she should discipline. If not, ask them what do you want me to do if such & such happens..How do you want that handled? It seems to me we will always be in the middle...

  • #2
    Posted: Apr 05, 2012 12:00 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Fremont, CA
    View Profile

    The best way would be to talk to them. Find a good timing.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Caring Solutions

Boomeraters recommend these products to improve the health and happiness of parents and elderly relatives.

See other top Caring Solutions products