See other questions in the Housing & Community forum

"Relocating to Bristol, Fl. Can you provide me rental information please"

• markfromohio
    Posted: Jun 23, 2010 03:11 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    markfromohio
    Dayton, OH
    View Profile

I am retired and plan to relocate to a small town in Florida. I am interested in moving to Bristol Florida. Can anyone help me with their opinions and information about this town, especially renting an apt or a room? Since my only source of income is my monthly Social Security, I will need to rent an apartment or even a room from someone. Thank you so much for any help you can provide me.

Replies

Boomerfan
    Posted: Jun 20, 2011 02:11 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Boomerfan
    Edgewater, FL
    View Profile

I don't know about Bristol but if you would consider Edgewater Fl. The cost of living is very low and the majority of the folks here are 50+. Right on the River and minutes to New Smyrna Beach. I own a townhouse in a small complex where you can rent a 1,000 sq. ft 2/2 for about $600-$700 a month. There are also bank forclosures in here for as low as $20-$30K, as is, so some work would have to be done.. Volusia County also has some grant money available for 1st time homebuyers with lower incomes. There are no facilities for kids at my complex- are a few renters here with kids but most will be moving out as some of these units are in forclosure- have recently been seeing older couples, snowbirds, investors buying here. . I would consider selling mine but it is probably the best in the entire neighborhoos- have totally replaced everything, fully rehabbed including landscaping front and back - would sell for $60k, but there are others with basic rehab done for $40- $45 with possible owner financing.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for the perfect place to relocate?

Read reviews of towns written by other Boomeraters to help make your decision.

Find your perfect town, search for senior living or home care