See other questions in the Financial & Legal forum

"Maximizing Social Security Disability Benefits"

• WSG58
    Posted: Apr 01, 2010 05:46 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    WSG58
    Glenpool, OK
    View Profile

I recently was placed on SS Disability. I want to make sure that I am getting all that they owe me. I waited 16 months for it after a major heart attack and 6 bypasses. I don't think I'll live long enough to collect all I paid in so I want the maximum benefits available. I am 51 years old. Non smoker/drinker and was in excellent health at the time. Just too much stress and improper processing of cholesterol by the factory equipment. SO if anyone can tell me how to insure that I am getting all allowed benefits or where to go to research it, let me know please. Thanks. They also said I wasn't eligible for medicar for 24 months. Is there any type of medical coverage I can receive in the interim?

Thanks!

Replies

ldsloth
    Posted: May 05, 2010 03:28 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    ldsloth
    Yuma, AZ
    View Profile

Yes,

It takes a year. I am paying $95/year for part B. Check out Medicare or your state depending on you income. If SSD is all you have, you should qualify for insurance from your state or Medicare. Good Luck, Linda

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for a financial advisor?

Search our extensive database of over 3,500 advisors from both independent and large firms.

Enter your zipcode below

Or use this link to find a financial advisor or find a lawyer