See other questions in the Housing & Community forum

"Advice on living in Bluffton, SC vs St. Augustine, FL"

• Rosabelle
    Posted: Feb 20, 2010 11:21 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Rosabelle
    Simpsonville, SC
    View Profile

We're thinking of downsizing and moving to Bluffton, SC or St. Augustine, FL. I'm worried that if we choose St. Augustine, it would end up feeling like living on an island like I feel now while living in a small town (near Greenville, SC). I think St. Aug. is very nice, but once we walk through Spanish Town a few times, will I be bored with living there, as I am now. The only place that offers more where we live now is to go to Greenville, which is about 15 mins. away. However, altho very nice, it's also not a really big city and if you want to find other things, it takes traveling a lot of miles to find them. Bluffton, on the other hand seems to be more cheerful (everything there is new) and more spread out with things to do, close to HIlton Head, not too far from Savannah or Charleston....so I'm leaning towards going there. I would appreciate any advice as to the difference of both places and if my assumptions are correct. Thanks very much....

Replies

headinsouth
    Posted: Sep 05, 2010 04:21 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    headinsouth
    Medford, NJ
    View Profile

I hear that Palm Coast, just south of St. Augustine is supposed to be very retirement friendly and a little larger than the Spanish City.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for the perfect place to relocate?

Read reviews of towns written by other Boomeraters to help make your decision.

Find your perfect town, search for senior living or home care