See other questions in the Shopping forum

"What are your absolute FAVORITE products?"

• Boom Staff
    Posted: Feb 06, 2010 11:16 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Boom Staff
    New York, NY
    View Profile

Tell us about Your Absolute Favorite Products!

Do you have a product you recommend to other Boomers? The staff of Boomerater would like to know about those products you swear by because you just can’t believe how well they work! It could be an “As Seen On TV” item, or another life saver that saved you time, improved your life, or is the perfect pet or child invention. Maybe you have even been so pleased that you bought them as gifts for family members and friends. Let us know your absolute favorites and we’ll pass the word along to help other boomers.

Replies

Paula
    Posted: Feb 07, 2010 12:52 PM
    Paula
    Little Rock, AR
    View Profile

I heartily recommend the ShamWow towels "as seen on tv". They do everything the ads say plus more. One large towel is more than enough to dry off our large dog.. we keep one at each door. I spilled an entire glass of juice last week, and one towel completely sopped up the mess. Also, my husband uses them to dry the car after washing it. They not only absorb the water, but they also have a soft finish that won't scratch. They wash well, but don't dry them or they will shrink. We have had a set for a 4 years and they work just as well as when they were new, and we have saved a bundle by not using so many paper towels.. A great Green alternative. I bought them for a friend and my father-in-law this year and they can't believe how well they work. My guess is that this product is successful because satisfied customers spread the word and buy them for friends... it can't be because you need to replenish your own stock - they last too long! Wow!

GrandDiva
    Posted: Feb 08, 2010 09:49 AM
    GrandDiva
    Asheville, NC
    View Profile

I recommend the "Chillow Pillow" . When I was going through the “change” I suffered terrible hot flashes at night. I saw this product advertised, and though it isn’t cheap ($39.95) I would have paid anything to get a good night’s sleep. I don’t know how it works, but I know it works like a miracle. Every OBGYN should stock these in their offices. I bought them for Christmas for all of my gal pals and they raved about them. They also recommend their use for sunburn and fever, which I will definitely try if needed. Sure beats a dripping ice bag. This item is listed in the boomerater shopping database with a link to a site that has a good price and free shipping.

jogsalot
    Posted: Feb 09, 2010 07:37 AM
    jogsalot
    San Diego, CA
    View Profile

One of the best purchases you can make are the Bose Headphones. Not only is the sound quality fabulous, these headphones completely drown out all outside noise. I use them when I mow the lawn and wouldn’t think of getting on a plane without them. The quality is what you would expect from Bose. They are worth the price.

SkyBlue
    Posted: Feb 09, 2010 02:53 PM
    SkyBlue
    Wyckoff, NJ
    View Profile

If you need a blood pressure monitor I suggest the "Omron HEM-790IT Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor". I have used this product and can verify it is accurate and easy to use. Before this I had a wrist cuff version and it did not give accurate readings - in fact they were completely inaccurate. My doctor and pharmacist recommended this Omron monitor. I bought it and took it with me to the doctor and found the readings to come close to the expensive office BP monitors they use.

bricker58
    Posted: Feb 10, 2010 10:01 AM
    bricker58
    View Profile

We had to clean up and sell my father's house. The dog smell from his pets had permeated the house and I knew it would make it hard to sell. A friend suggested I try ZORBX to eliminate pet odors. It was like a miracle. I bought the unscented version on line and it absolutely absorbed the odor in the house and left it smelling like fresh air. A friend told me her daughter’s dog had gotten “skunked” and had rolled on the carpet. They thought they would have to replace the carpet. I gave them what was left of my bottle and, believe it or not, the ZORBX removed the odor. It is also great to eliminate (not just cover up) the smell of smoke. And it’s safe to use around pets and children. I bought mine on line, but their website zorbx.com also says that Lowes and Ace Hardware stores sell it. I have also mixed it with Fabreeze to use as a room, clothing and sneaker deodorizer.

Boom Staff
    Posted: Feb 10, 2010 10:16 AM
    Boom Staff
    New York, NY
    View Profile

Thanks! These are great suggestions. For other products recommended by our members check out the Tom Tom Navigation system, Velcro plant tape, Crocs Sandles, or any of the others recommended by Boomerater members in our shopping data base. And add your own recommendations here to help other boomers know which products you rate as your Absolute Favorites.

AnnieO
    Posted: Feb 21, 2010 10:49 AM
    AnnieO
    Oklahoma City, OK
    View Profile

If you've never tried Goo Gone you will be absolutely amazed about this product. I first used it to get a bumper sticker off a car bumper... very easy, with no sticky residue. But when my daughter got chewing gum stuck in her hair – I tried everything… ice, peanut butter, vegetable oil. Right before I was going to cut it out I tried Goo Gone and it was GONE! Since then I’ve used it to remove crayon stains and candle wax residue. A friend swears by it to remove grease stains on her floors and in the kitchen. Keep a bottle on hand at all times.. you never know when it will be a home saver!

john william
    Posted: Oct 15, 2010 01:43 AM
    john william
    View Profile

Dear friend:

I would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.Original Products + Best Quality + Brand New + Warranty + Quick Shipping + 100% Secure . the price is a surprising happiness to you!It is realy a good chance for shopping., please contact them as soon as possible!!!!

The web address: http://www.electronics-brand.com

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for a great gift idea?

Our shopping database contains only products recommended by Boomeraters.

Search our shopping database