See other questions in the Housing & Community forum

"not sure"

• Shel
    Posted: Aug 09, 2009 08:36 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Shel
    Fresh Meadows, NY
    View Profile

I just retired this summer from the Board of Education. I am looking for a place to relocate and eventually stay. My husband has to work 3 more years. I have a 16 year old, who will be going to college in a year (not sure where yet).

I looked in Sarasota, Florida because I looked online for best places for baby boomers to relocate and that came up alot. I also wanted an area that has good medical since I did have breast cancer . I went twice and looked but did not find anything that was perfect for us yet. I did like Village Walk because of the ammenities and also liked Villa Rosa. I was hesitant when I first went because the only place in Florida I had been was Daytona and it looked so different in Sarasota. I do not want to spend more than $300,000 and want a villa or a townhouse so we can have privacy.

I want to make sure that it is the right move and don't know if I should look elsewhere and if so where. I also would like some feedback of where to focus in Sarasota.

Confused !!!!!!!!! HELP

Replies

frequent_flyer
    Posted: Aug 14, 2009 12:08 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    frequent_flyer
    Albuquerque, NM
    View Profile

Hi Shel,

have you looked into other florida towns like Fort Lauderdale or Naples, those areas are quite nice, and you can probably find some reasonably priced villas there, especially in this market climate.

i would also recommend using a site like Neighborhoods : http://neighborhoods.homethinking.com/

for example this link compares Sarasota to neighborhoods in Manhattan: http://neighborhoods.homethinking.com/in-New-York-(Manhattan)-98-to-Sarasota-77.html

it allows you to learn more about different areas and may help you in the search for a perfect town.

good luck and let us know how your search is progressing!

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Looking for the perfect place to relocate?

Read reviews of towns written by other Boomeraters to help make your decision.

Find your perfect town, search for senior living or home care