Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Housing & Community forum

"Mobility issues when you cannot sell your home"

  • MaitreMedica
    Posted: Jun 18, 2009 02:48 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Asbury, NJ
    View Profile

    Richard of <a href="">Maitre Medical, Inc.</a> askes: In this economy when homes aren't selling or you cannot afford to move, where do you look when you need advice on mobility issues? For example, getting up and down your staircase, or into your home from your garage in a wheelchair or scooter?


  • #1
    Posted: Jul 03, 2009 11:13 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Hamilton, MT
    View Profile

    Hi Richard,

    This is becoming a very common scenario--and this is something that I can help you with!!

    If you can't sell your home or trade with someone else, your only option is to modify it. My business, Accessible for Life, and many like it are here for people just like you who want or need to stay in their homes as long as possible yet don't know where to start. We find ways to make your home safer and easier to live in!

    I am based out of Montana, but I'd be happy to help! Or you can search the National Association of Home Builders website (, find the CAPS Directory (Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist) and search for someone who serves your area.

    Best of luck in your search for continued independence!!

    Ellen Barrios, CAPS

    Accessible for Life

    PO Box 477

    Hamilton, MT 59840


Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Looking for the perfect place to relocate?

Read reviews of towns written by other Boomeraters to help make your decision.

Find your perfect town, search for senior living or home care