Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Financial & Legal forum

"Advice On Credit Card Debt"

  • bleenman
    Posted: Mar 17, 2009 10:12 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Buhl, ID
    View Profile

    Hi All - One of my credit card providers has finally angered me to the point I don't want to pay it at all (they jacked up my interest a lot without any explanation, and after they had said I could opt out and keep the old rate). My only income is Social Security. All my debt is unsecured. I understand Social Security or any funds resulting from it cannot be gaurinsheed (sp?) or attached.

    After that background, my question is: what, if any, recourse would the card company have if I were just to refuse to pay any part of it?

    Has anyone out there had experience of this type?




  • #1
    Posted: Jan 26, 2011 03:18 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    Lake Butler, FL
    View Profile

    hi I am in the same fix I don't make enough money from ss to live on and I have a hard time paying my credit cards,I'm 64 and I don't think I will ever get them paid if you find out if they can gaurinsheed our ss please let me know Thanks Ninag46 It should be aganst the law for the big companys to rip us off so bad.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)



Looking for a financial advisor?

Search our extensive database of over 3,500 advisors from both independent and large firms.

Enter your zipcode below

Or use this link to find a financial advisor or find a lawyer