Ask a question to other Boomeraters!

See other questions in the Career forum

" Should I Retire or Help SMBs Improve Their Capabilities?"

• boydcarter
    Posted: Oct 30, 2008 04:04 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    boydcarter
    View Profile

I have found a business platform that is Linux-based and does not require Microsoft anywhere in the platform, yet it can interact seamlessly with Windows PCs or dumb terminals. It is a unique collage of best-in-class software and hardware, melded in what is currently termed an “appliance”.

I have also found the perfect Business Intelligence solution to complement this platform. It is also “appliance”-oriented, meaning that you don’t require a large team to implement and maintain the solution.

While I am "transitioning" to retirement, the urge to help SMBs (Small-Medium Businesses) achieve real capabilities at a fraction of their current cost is pulling me back from full retirement. I am considering offers from the two companies.

Finally a question: Should I go into retirement and do my pet retirement project (build MyBabyBoomers.com) or should I accept the offers and work until I "get this out of my system"?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Boyd Carter

Replies

ploving
    Posted: Sep 16, 2009 08:25 AM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    ploving
    Springfield, VA
    View Profile

It seems clear from your summary that you have a passion for continuing to work with IT and small businesses. Craft a win-win approach that lets you do everything. Work doesn't need to be "all or nothing". Just an opinion.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Recent Jobs