See other questions in the Health & Fitness forum

"how can i stay in shape if i work all the time"

Replies

boydcarter
    Posted: Oct 30, 2008 12:28 PM
    Flag for inappropriate language
    boydcarter
    View Profile

Intentionally tighten every muscle group you can imagine, one at a time as a background activity to whatever you are doing. You must do this without the action being visible to fellow workers. You must repeat the cycle at least once every hour, but more if possible. Especially, tighten the abdominal muscles and leg muscles; these are large and will burn the most energy.

Thomas Crown
    Posted: Oct 06, 2009 01:02 AM
    Thomas Crown
    Bethesda, MD
    View Profile

Unfortunately, you have to make time for it like anything else. Start out small like 15 mins then work your way to 30 mins. Even if you need to break into 2 15 min sessions, it is better than nothing at all. If your office has stairs, try taking that instead of the elevator. Cut your lunch break in half and spend it going up and down the stairs.

Beatrice D
    Posted: Oct 22, 2009 07:51 AM
    Beatrice D
    Costa Mesa, CA
    View Profile

I saw a great feature on CBS Sunday Morning about this new office trend called "the walking desk". It featured some company that set up all their employees with one and outfitted on of the conference room. Essentially, stand and walk extremely slowly on trendmill while at your "desk" which is raised high to "standing level" Very groovy idea, but extremely expensive

However, they also featured a woman who set this up for her self in her home office, using one of the leaves from her dining room table to lay across there home trendmill rails, giving her basically the same set up.

Post your reply

Do you have some thoughts to add or some advice to give?
Only registered Boomeraters can post replies. Log in to your account or Sign up now (it's free)

Fit for Life

Boomeraters recommend these products to help you stay healthy, fit and safe.

See other top Fit For Life products